Friday, March 27, 2009

Lullaby

Rest your head upon your pillow,
sleep soundly through the night.
I'm here, I'm right by your side,
everything will be alright.

If any fears come creeping,
just pretend that I'm your knight,
and any fears that make it close,
well those are the one's I'll smite.

If the darkness swallows you up,
making you feel all contrite.
Just relax, it'll go away,
close your eyes and hold me tight.

Should you open your eyes again,
and monsters catch your sight.
Just close them back again,
dream of things in which you delight.

If you ever feel something slithering,
and you think it's going to bite.
This new challenge I will handle,
this new demon I will fight.

If anything comes quickly,
and gives you such a fright.
Well quickly it will go as well,
for when it sees me, it takes flight.

Just rest your head upon the pillow,
sleep soundly through the night.
I'm here, I'm right by your side,
and I'll stay there 'till the morn's first light.

1 comment: